Business can slow way down during the holiday season. And if you're not careful, you might find yourself scanning facebook (unproductively) for hours on end. Here are 10 things you can do to stay productive on a slow day.
• Text message some customers & prospects, wishing them a [Happy Thanksgiving/Happy Holiday/Merry Christmas etc] Make sure to include some emoji’s; the turkey 🦃for Thanksgiving, a tree 🎄 for Christmas).
•Hand write some notes to current customers and to prospects you haven’t heard from in a while.
• Call some customers just to say [Happy Thanksgiving/Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas etc], but don’t talk about business. Just be calling like the friend you are.
• Send some customers a message through social media (facebook, linkedin, twitter, snapchat).
• Send a couple of video texts to customers wishing them a [Happy Thanksgiving/Happy Holiday/Merry Christmas etc]. Try to make it funny.
• Watch a couple of YouTube videos on how to handle objections.
• Send a message or call a vendor and wish them a [Happy Thanksgiving/Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas etc].
• Write a blog post that adds value to your customers.
• Plan out your Monday [or the first day after the break] so you CRUSH it right out of the gate after the holiday.
• Read a couple of articles in a trade magazine you are subscribed to.
What do you do to stay productive during the holidays?
Director of Commercial Sales at cfm Distributors, Inc.
Brad joined the cfm team in 2006, and now as the Director of Commercial Sales, he focuses on business development, as well as helping contractors and engineers find creative and unique solutions to any size project. When he’s not at work, Brad enjoys photography, running and spending time with his family.