I read a lot. Probably too much.
So far this year I’ve annihilated 32 books (as of July 7th).
While reading all these books I consistently stumble on thought-provoking quotes. The topics of these quotes are everything from sales, to marketing, to motivation and leadership.
Here are my 10 favorite success quotes so far this year:
"All you have to do is to make it your business to find out what people want–instead of assuming it, instead of telling them. The one rule that sums up the job to be done–the one formula that is fully in harmony with the real world–the secret of success is: Find out what people want and help them get it!” -Harry Brown, The Secret to Selling Anything
“You are responsible for your reality. Decide what you want of the world and go make it happen. No clarity, no change; no goals, no growth.”- Brendon Burchard, Motivation Manifesto
"If you are not creating new problems for yourself, then you aren't taking enough action.” -Grant Cardone, 10X
"Success in any field comes from focus. An obsessive, dedicated, absolute focus to see your mission through.” Evan Carmichael, Top 10 Rules for Success
"It’s not that you can’t sell, you can’t diagnose. Your product doesn’t drive the sale, your customer’s problem does. Being a great salesperson means being able to diagnose your customer’s problem and understanding the impact the problem is having on their business.” Keenan, Gap Selling
6. "If you limit your goals to what you know you can achieve, you are setting the bar way too low.” Ray Dalio, Principles
7. “If you look back on yourself a year ago and aren’t shocked by how stupid you were, you haven’t learned much.” Ray Dalio, Principles
8. "Happiness comes from solving problems. Don’t hope for a life without problems. There’s no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.” Mark Manson, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
9. "Problems never stop; they merely get exchanged and/or upgraded. True happiness occurs only when you find the problems you enjoy having and enjoy solving.” Mark Manson, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck
10. "The facts are irrelevant. In the short run, it doesn’t matter one bit whether something is actually better or faster or more efficient. What matters is what the consumer believes.” Seth Godin, All Marketers are Liars
What is your favorite quote from this list?
Vice President, Applied Systems Group at cfm Distributors, Inc.
Brad joined the cfm team in 2006, and now as the Vice President of the Applied Systems Group, he focuses on business development, as well as helping contractors and engineers find creative and unique solutions to any size HVAC project. When he’s not at work, Brad enjoys reading, running and spending time with his family