You have to have an almost-irrational confidence in yourself, your product or service, and your company if you want to be at the top of your sales game. If you have ANY self doubt or a lack of confidence in your product or service, then you will not have the killer instinct it takes to be tops in your field.
How do you achieve super-star confidence in each of these categories?
Take 15-20 minutes and answer EACH of the following questions. Write your answers down somewhere you can reference everyday or when you need a pick-me-up. Anytime you are struggling handling objections, following up or closing deals, take a peek at this list and you'll feel your hunger level surge.
I guarantee you will see a massive increase in your close rate once you have solid answers to these questions, especially in the “confidence in yourself” section.
Let's get started.
Confidence in yourself
- Why are you in sales?
- Why do you get up in the morning?
- Why are you passionate about delivering massive amounts of value to your customers?
- Why should anyone buy anything from you?
- How are you 10X better than your competition?
- How are you adding so much value that your customers can't imagine buying anywhere else?
Confidence in your company
- Why should anyone buy from your company?
- How is your company 10X better than your competitors?
- What problems are you or your company solving?
Confidence in your product or service
- Why should a customer buy your product or service?
- How is it a benefit to them?
- What problems does your product or service solve?
- How is your product or service 10X better than your competition?
You may have a hard time answering some of these questions, but that's okay depending on which questions. For example, if you, yourself, are 10X better than your competitor, but your product is very similar- that might be okay, as long as you OWN the fact that you are way better than your competitor.
But you better be 100% confident in yourself. Make sure you can articulate why you are better than all your competitors. Know the reasons like the back of your hand. You have to believe that when a customer buys a product from your competitor that they are missing out big time. The confidence you have in yourself that you are WAY better than everyone else in your market or even industry will be a total game-changer for you. In sales and in life.